Monday, September 7, 2009

Day One

Having spent the majority of my summer resting due to health issues, I took time to assess what I've been doing with my life before I got sick. Not much. I promised myself when I turned the corner and started feeling well again, I would change that.

SO, I scrolled my way through Amazon and stocked up on some great creative reads to jump start things. Next, I bought a bunch of art supplies. Unlike usual, where I would buy things then store them for later, I am journaling, painting, drawing, writing, and enjoying it immensely!! Getting messy is fun! Making messes and creating something from them is such a satisfying experience. It all started with Living Artfully: Create the Life you Imagine and Journal Bliss: Creative Prompts to Unleash Your Inner Eccentric.
They were fast reads and got me going. I have begun Creative Awakenings, but am absorbing just a little at a time.

Mentally set, I talked my friend into partnering up for a fitness challenge. After we met today to set goals and map things out, I took a much needed walk. WOW! what a wonderful feeling. I have been itching to get out, but have not had the energy to do so. I have truly missed it! I went farther than planned and really enjoyed being out there with music in my ears and the road rolling out ahead of me. I am looking forward to going further and further down that road as I build up stamina.

Time to get a good night's sleep and rest up for tomorrow and whatever adventure it brings!!

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment