Friday, September 11, 2009

Here is one of my first forays into mixing poetry and art. Hard to see the poem written along the waves and sand. The words are below.







I love how the ocean drowns out the voice in my head
Leaving no room for anything but the wind roaring in my ears
The vibration of the pounding surf
Everything else just goes away
The sand smooths the rough edges
Wears away the cracked veneer
Creates a clean canvas
It shifts and sifts hard packed yet yielding
To dig and bury and resurface
Relaxes the senses with subtle massage
The wind
When it comes
Tears away the last tendrils of worries brought along
Whispering nothing promising nothing
Giving you your chance to enjoy the moment
Enjoy where you are
Thoughts run together until there's nothing left but
You
The sand
The wind
The ocean
Love, love, LOVE art journaling. I am excited about writing again. I am excited about the possibilities for creating, for playing with paint, pastels, mixed media.
I spent some time at Sheri Gaynor's blog @ Creative Awakenings and wow! The art these women are creating! I am ready to set up my basement and go crazy! I know my husband will appreciate me taking it out of our bathroom ( I have set up a semi-work area on the ironing board). I especially like how they made use of photos. Hmmm....
Time to get those pictures in scrapbooks. I read one of Peter Walsh's organizing books and beyond the usual throw it out, yadda yadda~ one thing he wrote really stuck a cord with me. If you own something that means something to you, are you giving it the honor it deserves by storing it in a box? in the attic? in the basement? Hmmmm....the majority of our pictures are piled in ziploc bags in a Rubbermaid tub. All of the embellishments for making those pictures into our life story are neatly organized in a dresser and ....that's it!!! How sad.
I think my children will like the idea of browsing through scrapbook albums that tell our story better than spreading out piles of ziploc bags on the floor wondering what was happening and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment