Tuesday, July 5, 2011

31 Days ~ Day 5

The Swing.  I whined about getting one.  I planned out how I wanted it painted.  I got the structure ready for it. I started working on it. Talked about it.  Neglected it.  Blogged about it.  Pretty sure I have lost the hardware for it.  But today, I worked on it.  Even though my husband pointed out the futility in painting if the hardware really has disappeared.  Quid tum?  The hardware hasn't stuck in my craw to sneak up and give me a swift kick of guilt for not finishing something I started.  I mapped it out again as I have changed my mind about how I want each slat, and began.  I really enjoyed mixing paint to get just the right color.  I admit, it is a messy endeavor~ but that is part of the fun.  I got to the point where I needed to add details, so I decided to head upstairs and do a little sketching.  I hope the final result will turn out as nicely as the sketches. 
I still have slats to paint, and sketches or practice runs to go before it is ready.  Hardware or not.  If we don't swing in it, it'll be yard art.  Ha.

I did get up and exercise first thing this morning.  Much, much better to get it done first thing. And yes, I did feel great after I recovered.  I was a sight trudging up from the dungeon.  It isn't pretty, but it will work wonders as long as I keep at it.

As for cooking, bleh.  That is my biggest challenge.  My family is by no means in the same place at the same time.  And when the majority of them are, I am out of sync with them as far as cooking is concerned. It's just food.  On the table.  At relatively the same time every day.  Not rocket science, not even close. Why I make this so hard for myself, I don't know.  I have a streak aimed at irking myself mightily.  Well, guess we'll have to see what tomorrow brings.  Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment