Monday, July 4, 2011

31 Days~ Days 4

Happy 4th!  What a great day it's been:)

Today started at the beach with great friends.  The whole family piled in the van and schlepped beach stuff to a great spot.  We were surprised to find some great people to hang out with and baked companionably in the heat.  The water was chilly and there were all kinds of jellyfish floating in the water, but when you sit in the sun long enough, refreshingly cold water takes precedence over the chance of a sting.  Luckily, we enjoyed swimming in wild tasty waves throughout the day.  Later in the afternoon, we met up with friends from last night.  I was camped under my umbrella by then and instead of swimming, I would get my feet wet and observe the gagillion moon jellies floating in the surf.
Home from the beach, I was wiped out!  BUT I got up, fixed up some baked beans and sweet tea, threw some hot dogs on the grill and babam!  Dinner:) 
I grabbed my art bag and wanted to try to paint the surf with moon jellies floating around.  I cut moon jellies out of contact paper and then painted over them.  Once it dried, I peeled the contact paper and colored the white space with oil pastels and the Sakura gel pens.  Back over it again with watercolor to finish with this:



I have A LOT to learn, but so what?  It is fun to play and that is really what this is all about. 

Was I tired?  yes.  Even so, I made it downstairs to lift some weights.  Good thing I painted first...my arms are shaking mightily as I type.  I realize that I will be soooo much better off getting up earlier and getting the exercise over with first thing in the morning.  It could happen:)

No comments:

Post a Comment